How to reduce image file size in Photoshop without losing quality? Have you ever faced this problem? Actually, I faced this issue two days ago which encourage me to write this post.
Basically, many bloggers came across this issue. Bloggers may want to post more images, but with smaller file size. Because website loading speed is one the important attribute for a quality website. If the image size is large, website loading speed will be slow down.
An image file size influences a lot not only on blogging but also on other tasks too. The larger the image file size would take longer the upload time. Sometime the page won’t allow you to upload larger file sized images. So you may need to compress them or reduce the file size.
You May Like: 10 Cheap Power Strip With Long Cord And USB Outlet
For all such issues, here is the best solution. There are many online and offline software available for reducing image file size. Of course, they reduce the image file size, but the quality after reducing image file size is questionable.
Photoshop is one of the best software where you can reduce image file size without losing its quality. Through this post, I’m going to show you how to reduce image file size in Photoshop without losing quality.
Reduce Image File Size in Photoshop Step by Step Instructions
1. Open the Photoshop and upload the image you wanted to reduce file size.
2. Go to ‘File’ and then ‘Save for Web & Devices’. Instead, you can press ‘Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S’ on the keyboard.
3. The following new window will open.
4. On top of the new window, you can see the ‘Preset’ drop-down menu. Select ‘JPEG Medium’. Actually, you can select ‘JPEG Low’ as well. That will reduce the image file size furthermore. But, if you select ‘JPEG Low’, you may find a very little blur on the image. Just try that and see the quality of the image. If it’s fine, you can use that. If not, try with the ‘JPEG Medium’ which I used normally.
5. At the bottom, you can see a ‘Quality’ drop-down menu. On that menu, select ‘Bicubic Sharper’. Now click the ‘Save’ button.
6. Once you click ‘Save’ button, a new window will open and ask “where you going to save”. Select the destination and type the file name, then click ‘Save’. That’s it, all done.
7. Here are the two pictures. The first image is the original one and the second one is after reduce the file size. You can see the first image’s file size which is 104 KB.
8. Now, see the second image’s file size which is just 44 KB. See, this method cut off 60 KB of the file size, yet the quality is same.
9. Here are the two images for you. The first one is original and the second one is after reduced the file size. Can you point out any difference between these two images? I don’t think so.
You May Like: 10 Best Laptops For Animation Students, Graphic Designers, And Gamers
So, what you think about this method guys? This is an easy and simple method of reduce image file size in Photoshop without losing quality. Try this and write your thoughts and suggestions in the comment box below.